The iconic barrier island off the Charleston coast. The setting of George Gershwin’s jazz opera “Porgy and Bess.” A dreamy, almost surreal landscape caressed by waves. A golf resort. A bird sanctuary.
And – from August 6-12 of this year – the site of the 94th PGA Championship.
Kiawah’s famous Ocean Course, sculpted from 3 miles of sand dunes at the eastern end of the island, will become the 5th golf course to host each of the PGA of America’s major championships, awarding the famous silver Wanamaker Cup at the week’s end. (About the size of an industrial coffee-maker, it’s truly a cup to be proud of.)
Of course, the Grand Ideas team will be on the island, cheering wildly – we’re producing multiple promotional items for this truly GRAND occasion. (See the list below! ) We love events that get people excited about the Lowcountry, and the PGA is another great opportunity to show some Charleston pride!
· Rain ponchos – you always have to be prepared for those summer showers here in Charleston!
· Private labeled Lowcountry foodstuff for guests at our clients’ Hospitality tents
· Folding tripod seats for our clients and their guests to walk the course and still be able to sit, watch and rest along the 18 hole course
· Branded ear buds for our liens guest to “plug in” and listen to the live broadcast of the tournament and commentary from their phones
· Branded Frogg Toggs for our clients to share with their guests when the heat is AFRICA HOT!
· Light weight rain jackets to identify the staff members from the crowd
Read more about the championship, and get tickets here: http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/2012/